At the Errigle Inn we are committed to safeguarding and preserving the privacy of our visitors. We want you to know that when you provide personal data to us that you can trust us with your information. We are determined to do nothing that would infringe your rights or undermine your trust.
This Privacy Notice describes the information we collect about you, how it is used and shared, and your rights regarding it.
We are registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) as a Data Controller for the personal data that we hold and process. Our registered address is 17 Clarendon Road, Clarendon Dock, Belfast, BT1 3BG, our registration number is ZA364982. Our Data Protection Officer can be contacted at email@example.com
The vast majority of the information that we hold about you is provided to us by you. We will tell you why we need the information and how we will use it.
Our Lawful Basis for processing your information
We may use your personal data if:
– You consent to us doing so;
– It is necessary for the performance of a contract;
– It is necessary to comply with a legal obligation;
– It protects your vital interests or the vital interests of another person;
– It is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller.
– It is in the legitimate interests of ourselves, or a third party, except where such interests are overridden by your interests, rights or freedoms.
We may use your information to:
– Provide our services to you;
– Maintain our relationship with you;
– Improve our products and services;
– Carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
– Provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
– Notify you about changes to our service;
– Administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
– Measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you; and
– Make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Where your consent has been provided in advance we may allow selected third parties to use your data to enable them to provide you with information regarding unrelated goods and services which we believe may interest you. Where such consent has been provided it can be withdrawn by you at any time.
We may share your personal data in the following circumstances:
– In the event that we sell any or all of our business and we provide all details to the buyer;
– To prevent fraud;
– Where we are legally required to do so;
– Where you consent to the sharing
By using our premises, you consent to our use of pictures taken of you on our premises on our social media site. You have the right to ask us to remove any pictures of you from our social media sites and, upon request, we will do so immediately. Our Social Media policy is available upon request.
Storing Your Personal Data
In operating our website it may become necessary to transfer data that we collect from you to locations outside of the European Union for processing and storing. By providing your personal data to us, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We do our upmost to ensure that all reasonable steps are taken to make sure that your data is treated stored securely.
Unfortunately the sending of information via the internet is not totally secure and on occasion such information can be intercepted. We cannot guarantee the security of data that you choose to send us electronically, Sending such information is entirely at your own risk.
Transfers to third countries and international organisations
We do not anticipate that we will be transferring your personal data to third countries or international organisations. If this is necessary we will request your consent before doing so.
Retention of your Personal Data
We retain your personal data for as long as you continue to use our services unless you ask us to delete it. Our Retention and Disposal Policy (copy available on request) details how long we hold data for and how we dispose of it when it no longer needs to be held. We will delete or anonymise your information at your request unless:
– There is an unresolved issue, such as claim or dispute;
– We are legally required to; or
– There are overriding legitimate business interests, including but not limited to fraud prevention and protecting customers’ safety and security.
We will consider inaction on your part for a period of 12 months as confirmation that you no longer want to receive our communications and we will delete your personal data after that time.
We may gather information about your general internet use by using the cookie. Where used, these cookies are downloaded to your computer and stored on the computer’s hard drive. Such information will not identify you personally. It is statistical data. This statistical data does not identify any personal details whatsoever
You can adjust the settings on your computer to decline any cookies if you wish. This can easily be done by activating the reject cookies setting on your computer.
The General Data Protection Regulation gives you specific rights around your personal data. For example, you have to be informed about the information we hold and what we use it for, you can ask for a copy of the personal information we hold about you, you can ask us to correct any inaccuracies with the personal data we hold, you can ask us to stop sending you direct mail, or emails, or in some circumstances you can ask us to stop processing your details. Finally, if we do something irregular or improper with your personal data you may submit a claim to the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You may request access to, correction of, or a copy of your information by contacting our Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may opt out of receiving emails and other messages from us by following the instructions in those messages.
We will occasionally update our Privacy Notice. When we make significant changes, we will notify you of these through either mail or email.